Monday, January 28, 2019

A Blogger's Nightmare - "What Do I Write About?"

Many writers maintain a blog on at least a monthly basis as a way of keeping their name out there and staying in contact with their reader audience. What is happening to me (especially since I made the commitment to blog on a weekly basis) is that I at times find myself at a loss for ideas for content. The idea for today's blog came from my writer friend Jean Maurie Puhlman. Her suggestion was to present a list of sentences with blanks at the end. I immediately felt that these could act as writing prompts, and I thought that was a great idea! So, thanks to Jean Maurie, here we go!

  • John, did you see where I put _____?
  • Why on earth did you _____?
  • You think it was a coincidence that _____!
  • They only thought the show was going to go on. The black hole that it was going to create would _____.
  • Who knew that the mystery dinner was going to end up _____.
  • We had no idea who he was, or that _____ was about to be set loose!
  • The gun just sat there, on the table, waiting to _____.
  • When the smoke cleared, there was going to be _____.
  •  Little old ladies are not always _____.
  • History may repeat itself, but only _____.
  • As the car crested the hill, Jillian panicked as she realized that the brakes were _____.
  • She had made it all happen, but the credit went to _____.
  • Things that happen in the fashion business are not always _____.
Enjoy!

(c) January 2019 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...