Saturday, January 14, 2023

Amazon Shorts


What exactly are Amazon shorts? They are short Kindle (e-book) reads, defined by page length: 15 minutes (1-11 pages)30 minutes (12-21 pages)45 minutes (22-32 pages)90 minutes (44-64 pages), one hour (33-43 pages), and two hours, or more (65-100 pages). They cover all genres, which makes me happy. 

I have a game plan - I am going to submit Kindle shorts in non-fiction categories - self-help, Tarot, self-care, conscious thinking - topics that I want to write about (and get paid for) while at the same time creating a residual income. I am aiming for the 22-32 and 44-64 page lengths. At the minimum, I can do one a week and see where they go.

If you want to join me, you might want to check out this site: short reads and short stories. Advance warning - this is a promotion for a paid-for program that addresses genres, themes, markets, and price levels. It is relatively inexpensive, so I did purchase it. I have not used it yet so I am not recommending it - I am just putting it out there as an option.

What we are offering our readers are stories that they can read in one setting. If they like one story, the chances are they will go on to buy more. I am still going to write a series of full-length books, but I would like to use the shorts as another stream of income. 
 
Here is a link to an article on Medium entitled How To Make Money Writing Short Books On Amazon

Here is a link to a YouTube video on Kindle Shorts - How To Short Books On Amazon

(c) Bonnie Cehovet

Reproduction is prohibited without the written permission of the author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...