Many writers maintain a blog on at least a monthly basis as a way of keeping their name out there and staying in contact with their reader audience. What is happening to me (especially since I made the commitment to blog on a weekly basis) is that I at times find myself at a loss for ideas for content. The idea for today's blog came from my writer friend Jean Maurie Puhlman. Her suggestion was to present a list of sentences with blanks at the end. I immediately felt that these could act as writing prompts, and I thought that was a great idea! So, thanks to Jean Maurie, here we go!
- John, did you see where I put _____?
- Why on earth did you _____?
- You think it was a coincidence that _____!
- They only thought the show was going to go on. The black hole that it was going to create would _____.
- Who knew that the mystery dinner was going to end up _____.
- We had no idea who he was, or that _____ was about to be set loose!
- The gun just sat there, on the table, waiting to _____.
- When the smoke cleared, there was going to be _____.
- Little old ladies are not always _____.
- History may repeat itself, but only _____.
- As the car crested the hill, Jillian panicked as she realized that the brakes were _____.
- She had made it all happen, but the credit went to _____.
- Things that happen in the fashion business are not always _____.
(c) January 2019 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written permission of the author.