Sunday, January 2, 2022

Writers Resources For 2022!



 Welcome to 2022! Quite frankly, 2021 was not my best year as a writer. I have a half-finished project that I need to address, and then I can start on goals that I set last year, but did not meet. Among those goals would be my first Christmas cozy mystery, and my first cozy mystery.

To start out the year I would like to share a few writer's resources. The first two were brought to my attention by a writer friend, Jean Maurie Pullman. Thank you, Jean Maurie!

  • Master Class is a paid-for Internet site that offers unlimited access to over 100 instructors, with new classes being offered monthly. 
  • Open Culture is a free site that offers free movies, classes, online degrees, and more!
  • Resources For Writers is part of the Writers Helping Writers site, focusing on marketing.
  • Dragon Anywhere presents software that makes dictation easy.
  • Medium is a place where people meet and share ideas.
  • Vellum is a great software for creating/formatting e-books.
  • GoodReads is a great place to create an author profile and promote your books, and leave reviews on other people's books. 
  • Substack is a newsletter platform where writers are paid by readers for their writing.
  • National Centre For Writing is a jackpot for writing resources!
  • Writer's Resources This is a great site for writing contests, writing conferences, and more!
Wishing each of you a stellar writing year for 2022!

(c) January 2022 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction is prohibited without written permission from the author.

 

1 comment:

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...