Sunday, December 4, 2022

Writing For Amazon, Rewriting Our Books, And More

 


November was quite an interesting month for me. On Facebook I signed up for The Art Of The Rewrite with one of my favorite authors, Laurie King. It is being hosted by Mystery Writers of America - Northern California (MWA NorCal). It will be held online as a Facebook event at 1 pm PST on Saturday, December 10th.

I also came across Ty Cohen and his three-day online event Kindle Cash Flow. It is all about how to make the best use of placing your e-book on Amazon and how to promote your e-book on Amazon. I am terrible at promoting, so I signed up for the course. I am really looking forward to it.

Something else Ty Cohen addressed was Amazon Short Reads (Amazon Kindle Shorts). This interested me, too, because as an author I can get several of these short books/pamphlets out there, promote them, and have a continuing income coming in. They are listed by reading time - 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, and two hours or more.

I also came across writing classes offered by publishing professional Jane Friedman (Jane Friedman). Ms. Friedman offers classes over Zoom, as well as hosting classes from other people. 

It is amazing the resources that are out there!

(c) December 2022 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction is prohibited without the written permission of the author.


1 comment:

  1. Great suggestions, Bonnie. I am a total fan-girl of Jane Friedman! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...