This is my first time writing for NaNoWriMo - no pressure at all! I am takng the next few days to define my characters, after which I will be working on defining theme and plot. I have five characters in mind so far:
1. My protagonist.
2. An oriental gentleman that moves the story along, appearing and disappearing at will.
3. The (allegedly) deceased father of my protagonist.
4. A mysterious woman who is connected to the allegedly deceased father.
5. A close friend of the allegedly deceased father, who has taken on the role of mentor since the father's alleged death.
The areas that I am going to use to define them are:
2. Physical characteristics
3. Career/work environment
4. Home environment
5. Family/cultural background
This should give me a fairly good idea of what drives my characters, and how they will act/react in any given situation. That's the plan, anyway! I am quite sure that in the end they will take over the keyboard, and I will end up as the editor, and not the author!
(c) October 2010 Bonnie Cehovet
In my previous blog, I introduced Amazon's new baby - Kindle Vella! Today I actually started using it. I added the information on story...
Over the years I have read some very interesting books - mainly myteries - that feature a celebrity writing with a co-author. LOL I can...
How do we take the energy of shock and put it to best use as a writer? Thanks to the immediacy of the Internet, I am watching the Notre...
I have been trying to think of ways in which I could make the Birth Card pairs come to life. I thought that it might be fun to have a Bi...