Monday, March 4, 2013

Creating A Facebook Event


I just created a Facebook event, Dream the Big Dream, and lived to tell about it! Facebook is really touchy ... they can do anything they want to do, and we have to put up with it. But we have to toe the line, or we get our accounts suspended! Luckily, the event template is a fill in the blank kind of thing,and the only thing that really could go wrong was the section for the event description. I went plain and simple ... don't want to get anybody's hackles up!

I am asking people to make the time on March 10th to visit my iLA site, and check out the application. Why choose one day, when the page is there 24/7? Because I ant people to commit to doing this, rather than saying "Okay, sounds good, I'll take a look at it when I can." They mean well, but how much follow-up can one expect? Not much. 

It was quite interesting going through my friends list and sending the invites. I had to make sure no one got invited multiple times (I have friends that are on my list in both personal and professional capacity), and that those I knew wouldn't be interested weren't bothered. We shall see how well I did or didn't do with this! ;-)

If  this works well, I will be creating future events for book launches and such. Once I get the hang of how this is done, I can be creative with the actual event. Watch out world!

(c) March 2013 Bonnie Cehovet  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...