I love writing prompts! They do so much to expand our horizons as writers. Really? Yes, really! Why is this?
1. They act as a kick start to creativity.
2. It is a great way to learn to barnstorm ideas.
3. You can use many things as prompts - images, single words, phrases, themes ... whatever works as a focus mechanism.
4. The material that comes from writing prompts can take on a life of its own!
5. Writing prompts, and sharing what we write, helps us connect with our writing community.
Here are some sites to play with:
I am going to be including a writing prompt in my monthly newsletter from now on. Here are a few to get started with:
1. Use the word "Mother" as a focal point.
2. Use the word "Fury" as a focal point.
3. Picture a door, and write about what you might find on the other side.
4. Focus on "Death", nad how it has affected you personally.
5. What does stress feel like to you?
Don't stop and think ... just write! If you want, set a timer for five or ten minutes, or for however long you want to write. Whatever you do ... just write!
(c) January 2018 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without writen permission of the author.