Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve



This year has gone by in such a flash! Here it is, already Christmas Eve. This has always been a very special night for my family, this is when presents are opened, and when we put out mik and cookies for Santa. Yes, we literally put out a glass of milk and a small plate of cookies for Santa!

Christmas Eve day I carry on a tradition of my own - I share the NORAD Santa Tracker link for those who have children, and for the child in all of us. I actually shared two links this year: the sadly necessary one assuring us that the NORAD Santa Tracker will be on duty in spite of our (partial) government shutdown,  and the yearly link to the NORAD Santa Tracker site, which is an interactive gem!

I am looking forward to tomorrow, and Christmas Day. I will be making a totally non-traditional Christmas dinner - spaghetti, garlic toast, cole slaw, and coconut cream pie for dessert. My boys, of course, will be getting their favorite canned kittie food! While I will be working, I am also taking the time to open presents via Zoom with my sister and mother. (I know - another non-traditional thing, opening presents on Christmas Day.)

Wishing each of you a very Merry Christmas. May you all experience the joy and peace that this season represents.

(c) December 2018 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...