Monday, February 19, 2018

Scheduling Blog Topics


Blogging has always been a chore for me - even when I enjoy doing it. I make a committment - as I have with this blog, and my flash fiction blog - and then find it difficult to follow through. My flash fiction blog is very spur of the moment, and I like that. It is what it needs to be. Looking back over the topics that I have covered here on my author's blog - they are all over the board! I am not happy with myself over that.

So I have decided to plan ahead - to pick topics that fit together, that make some kind of sense, and schedule them together. I am going to try and take a different theme each month, and develop content around that.

I started this blog to develop a following for my books, and I have to say that I have not done a good job at all. I am going to focus on my mystery writing, and target two audiences - other mystery writers, and readers of cozy mysteries. 

I am looking at defining a social media presence as a mystery writer, increasing my newsletter subscribers, and engaging my target audience. Publishing my blog consistently will increase traffic for each post. Adding links to my newsletter sign-up and to my personal/professional site will allow my target audience toget to know me a bit better.

Keeping to a set schedule for publishing my blogs will also allow me to see when and where I can use teasers for my upcoming work - whether it is a mystery novel, or a shorter book/pamphlet on a topic of general interest.   

Now I have an idea of where I want to go with this, and how to get there. I plan on using a calender to list blog topics, as well as teasers for upcoming work. I will also be able to look at holidays, and see how I can tie them into my work. 

Onward and upward!

You can sign up for my newsletter here: newsletter.

You can view the author's section of my site here: author's site.

(c) February 2018 Bonnie Cehovet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...