Monday, November 4, 2019

Season Based Writing Themes


As a writer, I am always looking for a theme for my stories and books. There is a natural cycle to the world, and addressing this cycle gives me natural themes - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. Each season has perceptions that are attached to it - some are universal, some are personal. All can be the basis of a good story.

Each holiday out there - whether it is religious based, seasonal based, country or culture  based - has a deep level of stories/themes that we can base our work on.

If we are writing short stories, this is one thing. If we have an idea for an upcoming holiday, we can get the story written, and get it out there in time for the holiday.  If we are writing a book - that takes a little more planning. I had to change the focus of one of my books because I was going to use a Christmas theme, but the timing wasn't right for getting it written, edited, out there, and promoted.

Don't be afraid to use any theme that you want to - they all have something to say!

(c) November 2019 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...