Monday, July 2, 2018

I Am Coming To Life!


Note: This was written by the protagonist in my WIP.

My name is Amanda Bentley, and this is my story. Wow! How powerful is that! Bonnie is telling my story! I have to keep an eye on her, because she can get carried away, but she is telling my story. I had to insist that she go back to the book bible and change some things - I was starting to sound too much like her, and that will never do!

I have spent my professional life working for a clandestine organzation whose mission is to preserve the wisdom of the world, in all of its many forms (written, musical, artistic). This organization was founded and continues to be funded by a group of uber wealthy men and women. Dan Brown on steroids, if you will.

It works entirely underground, and has its tentacles all over the world. For the most part, we work behind the scenes in a very quiet manner. We make things happen (and stop other things from happening). We are part "Matrix", and part "Black Hat". I am part of the "Matrix" group, even at the age of seventy. (Yes, I still get called in to do things - especially things with roots in the past.) I have seen the "Black Hat" people in action a few times - and that was enough for me. 

In this book I am being taken back to one of my first assignments - one in whch I almost died. This time I am dealing with the son of the individual involved in that assignment. The son never knew his father - he was raised by his mother until she died, and then by her family. His family knows him as an important, successful businessman. They truly believe that. They know he is ruthless, but they have no clue how dangerous he is. What he really is ... well, that is very scary. With no training by anyone, he has powers that can make him disappear at will. He can read minds, and he can control the minds of others. It is power over others, and not money, that motivates him. He is after the same information that his father was after, except that with his father it was a painting, and with him is is an item in that painting. 

I love coming to life, and hope that you will enjoy reading about me!

(c) July 2018 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written consent of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Chapters Or Short Chapters - What Is Your Preference?

Does it make a difference to a reader whether the chapters in a book are long or short? It does to me. I like shorter chapters, as they feed...